Information Modeling identifies the information and data which flows through the defined Business Process Flows.
A concise Information Model is used to model information within components as well as interfaces between components.
Common Information Models used across the end-to-end product and service lifecycle provide a cohesive, non-duplicative view of the data within and across systems.
Information Models may define both the static/structural and dynamic/behavioral views of a solution.
Information Modeling Services
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) modeling of information
- Class Diagrams modeling static information and associations
- Class & Sequence Diagrams modeling dynamic behavior through operations and parameters
- Object Diagrams modeling instantiations of Class Diagrams
- State Machine Diagrams modeling stateful behavior