Interfaces exist across components in a system whether a single system or array of systems.
Interface definitions model the dynamic behavior between components including what one component provides another.
Protocol agnostic interface definitions provide the high level design and requirements for protocol specific interface specifications (e.g., RESTful web services).
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are commonly used in interface specifications.
Interface Definition Services
- Network Layer-to-Network Management Layer
- Network Management Layer-to-Service Management Layer
- Service Management Layer-to-Business Management Layer
- Business Management Layer-to-Application Layer
- UML Interface Definitions