Areas of Expertise
- Software and System Architecture and Design
- Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
- Interface and Data Modeling Design and Implementation
- Network Management Protocols
- Information Modeling and Design
- Business Process Modeling and Automation
- Communication Protocols and Standards Organizations
- DOCSIS OSSI and Cable Network Management
- Master of Science, Telecommunications, University of Colorado Boulder
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering & Computer Engineering, University of Wyoming
- Graduate, Founder Institute idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program
As Founder and Principal, Brian Hedstrom drives the company vision with collaborative leadership and advanced strategy. With 25 years in the communications industry holding technical leadership roles with R&D firms and global working groups within communications standards bodies, Brian’s passion and commitment to advancing the communication industry has been acknowledged and sought after at the highest level. Brian’s expertise around business process automation, standardized open interfaces built on common information models and next generation service management of dynamic virtualized services is remarkably unmatched.
Prior to founding OAM Brian held architecture and technical roles at CableLabs, Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) and Carrier Access (now Dell) for Business and Operational Support Systems. In this role, he led the development of service and network management including operational interface specifications, information and data models for the Telecommunications Industry.
Brian has been an adviser and leader in several working groups within the MEF, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Open Networking User Group (ONUG) and CableLabs on advancing Network and Service Management and Ethernet Service OAM.
Brian has received certification from the TM Forum in both Business Process Framework (eTOM) and Information Framework (SID). He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering from the University of Wyoming and a Master’s degree in Telecommunications from the University of Colorado-Boulder.