Areas of Expertise
- Software Design, Development and Architecture
- Software Project Management
- Software Video Application Develop for Cable Networks
- Energy Management of Communication Networks
- Open Source Development and Standards
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature (Major), Computer Science (Minor), The University of New Mexico
Frank Sandoval has been a software professional his entire career, with roles ranging from developer, architect, and manager. Early focus was on interactive media technologies, with projects including museum installations, interactive video learning applications, console gaming (e.g. 3D games on Sony Playstation), and procedural graphics. More recent activities have been directed towards the telecommunications industry including setup box application environments, advertising solutions, and ‘big data’ platforms. Currently, Frank is leading efforts in the cable industry to develop network energy management solutions, including standardization of interfaces and open source development.