Areas of Expertise
- Technical Project Lifecycle Planning and Management
- Technical Team Leadership
- Technical Specification Development
- Test Plan Development
- Graduate Certificate, Geographic Information Systems, University of Denver
- Graduate Coursework, Telecommunications, University of Colorado Boulder
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Montana State University
Kevin has over fifteen years experience in the cable telecommunications industry where he has developed technical product specifications, developed test plans, managed teams of technical subject matter experts developing technical specifications, managed technical specification development projects, managed a team of software architects and developers, and managed a team of quality assurance test engineers. Prior to joining the cable telecommunications industry Kevin designed and tested analog and digital electronic circuits for embedded systems for networking and communications applications for ten years.
The variety of leadership and individual contributor positions provided Kevin with experience in technical team leadership, Lean and Agile project management, technical specification development, test plan development, and electronic circuit design. Specific areas of project focus includes Data-Over-Cable (DOCSIS®) communication protocol, network management, video set top boxes, network functions virtualization (NFV)/software defined networking (SDN), open source software, home networks, and commercial services.