Areas of Expertise
- Software-defined Networking
- Network Functions Virtualization
- Network Automation and Management
- Cloud Technologies
- SDN/NFV Strategy and Forecasting
- Network Design
- Voice over IP
- Doctor of Philosophy, Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University
- Masters of Science, Information and Communication Sciences, Ball State University
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems and Computer Science, Anderson University
Dr. Levi Perigo is an information technology professional with extensive experience leading, managing, designing, implementing, researching, troubleshooting, and training technology solutions. Dr. Perigo is a Scholar in Residence in the Interdisciplinary Telecom Program at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Prior to joining the University of Colorado, Dr. Perigo was a Senior Network Engineer at ADTRAN Inc. In this role, he served as an escalation point for isolation and resolution of heterogeneous internetworking problems for major accounts. He holds vendor certifications in networking technologies in areas such as software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), IP routing, switching, network design, wireless technologies, Voice over IP (VoIP), and Internet of Things (IoT) home integration.
As a Research Associate for the Open Networking Foundation, Dr. Perigo contributes to the creation and advancement of SDN and the OpenFlow standard. He is also on the MEF Research Council where he contributes with his expertise in SDN, NFV, and network automation. His interests are in a variety of internetworking technologies such as network automation, VoIP, IPv6, SDNFV, and next generation protocols.